The Next Generation Indie Film Awards is open to all independent short & feature films/filmmakers anywhere in the world that meet the following criteria:
- Short films: Total runtime for shorts may be no more than 40 minutes
- Features films: Total runtime for features may be no less than 40 minutes and a maximum of 240 minutes
- Completion date: 2017 or later
- The film must not have already won or placed as a finalist in the Next Generation Indie Film Awards
1. Select the category or categories you wish to enter
Select the category or categories you wish to enter, based on which category most applies to your film or to your marketing strategies. You may enter as many categories as you like.
See award categories here
2. Complete the entry form
Complete the online entry form, which includes a link to your film. Only one entry form is required regardless of the number of categories you wish to enter. However, if you wish to enter more than one film, you must complete a different entry form for each title.
3. Arrange online payment of entry fee
The 2023 Final Deadline entry fees are as follows:
- Short Film categories: $65
- Short Film craft categories: $30
- Feature Film categories: $100
- Feature film craft categories: $65
Direct online payment of the entry fee using a credit card or debit card is prompted when you submit the online entry form.
4. Submit completed entry form and entry fee
All submissions must be received by August 4, 2023. The easiest and most efficient way to enter the 2023 Next Generation Indie Film Awards is by completing the online entry form and paying online with a credit card through PayPal. Shortly thereafter, you will receive a Confirmation of Entry email.
By submitting your film, you agree:
- You own all the rights to your film
- Entry fees are not refundable
- Next Generation Indie Film Awards can use elements of your film (including clips, trailer, and poster) for promotional purposes
Next Generation Indie Film Awards does not accept films completed before 2017.
If you are under the age of majority where you live, your parent or legal guardian must give you permission to submit your film. Your film will be disqualified from our program if submitted without the permission of your parent or legal guardian.